Solomon Airlines has announced an expansion of the national tourism initiative ‘Iumi Tugeda Holidays’ in time for Solomon Islands Independence Day, to further support the local tourism industry and encourage more Solomon Islanders to travel on the discounted holiday deals throughout 2021.
With additional accommodation operators in the Western, Temotu and Makira Provinces now joining the programme, from today, Iumi Tugeda Holidays includes 47 tourism operators offering heavily discounted accommodation and travel opportunities across 12 destinations through to 31 March, 2022.
“Iumi Tugeda Holidays is a program to encourage our nation to support each other and in this spirit of collaboration, it is encouraging to see growth in both visitation to our programme partners and satisfaction from our customers,” said Colin Sigimanu, Commercial Manager, Solomon Airlines.
“June was our biggest sales month to date, with 73 passengers booking Iumi Tugeda Holidays packages including Independence Day extra-long weekend holidays. Between March and June, there were 149 passengers booked.
“This is Solomon Islands largest ever domestic tourism programme, a national effort and as well as providing essential business income for the survival of our local tourism operators while international borders remain heavily restricted, so we want to encourage greater travel between provinces and destinations,” he said.
“As we celebrate our 43rd year of independence, let’s keep our country moving, creating benefits for all – for local tourism operators, as well as the opportunity for our residents to explore our Solomon Islands at incredible value through a central booking process,” he added.
Under the expanded Iumi Tugeda programme, the new destinations and properties now also on offer are:
SANTA CRUZ – NEW DESTINATION & PROPERTIES
• Santa Cruz has been added as a 12th destination and the latest airport in Temotu Province, in addition to Lomlom, to join the program
• Four Santa Cruz properties joining the program include Hibiscus Lodge, Rotary Lodge, Lata Family Transit Lodge and Lata Travellers Motel.
• Most properties are just a short walk from Santa Cruz Airport with all providing local tours and sightseeing options including snorkelling and Tinakula Volcano visits
• 3-night Iumi Tugeda Holidays from Honiara to Santa Cruz start from SBD$4152 per person twin share
GIZO – NEW PROPERTY – Urilolo Lodge
• Urilolo Lodge provides a 9th option for stays from Gizo Airport with a 3-night airfare and accommodation package from Honiara priced from SBD$3083 per adult twin share in Bungalow accommodation plus kids stay free. Additional tours can also be organised including Island Picnic, Stone Carving at Rannoga Island and a Volcano Tour to Simbo Island.
KIRAKIRA - NEW PROPERTY – Freshwind Guest Haus
• Freshwind Guest Haus near Kirakira provides a 2nd option to discover the Makira Province from Honiara with airfare, 3-nights accommodation and breakfast, lunch and dinner daily included from SBD$3468 per adult twin share. Additional tour options available include Huro River and Cascades Guided Walk, Pakera Seafront day trip and 3 Sister Islands Day Trip.
The Iumi Tugeda Holidays programme was announced in March this year by Solomon Airlines in partnership with Tourism Solomons and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. The tourism initiative was unveiled to the travel industry at Tourism Solomons ‘Tourism in Focus’ event and followed by a national marketing campaign.
‘Iumi Tugeda Holidays’ package deals are available with pricing for singles, couples, groups and families for stays from 3 to 7 nights. Prices may vary depending on the number of guests staying. To allow maximum flexibility, the specials apply for stays through to 31 March 2022 with no travel blackout dates but availability is limited.
For further details, or to book contact the airline’s dedicated Holiday Sales team on (677) 36362 or email email@example.com
The latest ‘Iumi Tugeda Holidays’ flyer can also be downloaded and more information is available at www.flysolomons.com/iumitugeda
Source: Solomon Airlines