The GCC government has made 11 appointments mostly Parliamentarians to oversee specific policy areas that the government is pursuing.The announcement was made by the Prime Minister Mr. Manasseh Sogavare in a weekly press conference with local media representatives.
He said that the appointees will be tasked to oversee the following specific policy areas which the current government is pursuing.
The eleven areas include
1. Development of cottage industry
2. Development of Economic Zones
3. Constitutional reform
4. Review of CEMA
5. Development of Higher Education
6. Development and continual refinement of Bottom-up approach
7. Appointment of special envoy to RAMSI
8. Development of Tuna Industry
9. Rehabilitation and reconstruction of tsunami affected areas
10. Development of Forestry Sector
11. Special consultation with Ministers