Prime Minister Danny Philip has appointed six new ministers to his cabinet.The Ministers were sworn-in at Government House late yesterday afternoon. The new Ministers are;
- Clay Forau Soalaoi as Minister for Police, National Security and Correctional Services
- Joseph Onika as Minister for Lands, Housing and Survey
- Moses Garu as Minister for Mines, Energy and Rural Electrification
- Connelly Sadakabatu as Minister for Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Andrew Hanaria Keniasina as Minister for Communication and Aviation
- Dickson Mua as Minister for Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs
Prime Minister Philip said he has every confidence in the Ministers as they perform their duties to the government and people of Solomon Islands.
Prime Minister Philip also stated that the decision to relieve some of his cabinet Ministers and appoint new ones was done in "the best interest of the country."