PRESS RELEASE - 9 June 2011 - The Representative of the Trade Mission of Taiwan, Mr Victor Chin, today handed over a total of USD500,000 for the implementation of regional projects under the Regional Development Assistance for 2010/2011.The annual contribution will cover 15 projects which will be implemented by CROP agencies. This year's assistance will support the following agencies:
- Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) - USD 50,000
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) - USD 76,771
- Pacific Power Association (PPA) - USD 45,000
- South Pacific Board for Educational Assessment (SPBEA) - USD 55,154
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) - USD 94,000
- Pacific Islands Applied GeoScience Commission (SOPAC) - USD 52,000
- The University of the South Pacific (USP) - USD 127,075
The funds will cover the implementation of regional projects in areas of education, data and information management, marine pollution, fisheries, capacity building and training, renewable energy, waste management, pollution and activities pertaining to the smaller island states programme.
These much appreciated annual contributions are provided through the Regional Development Assistance.