Flooding is still affecting the Western division of Fiji's main island of Viti Levu and other parts of the country with more casualties and destruction.

According to Fiji Times Online, the 'whole of the Western Division has been subjected to flooding with Nadi and Ba the worst affected' with Fijilive reporting that a 'State of Emergency has been declared for the whole of the Western Division'.
Interim Minister for Defence, National Security and Immigration, Ratu Epeli Ganilau, 'said the interim Prime Minister gave the approval (yesterday) following recommendation from the National Disaster Management Office'.
'Along the Kings Road there still remain inaccessible points near Wainibuka'.

According to the Interim Minister, the SOE 'will remain until the bad weather spell subsides'.

Fiji's other airport, Nausori Airport, was closed last night as floodwaters 'from the Rewa River flowed onto the runaway yesterday and although water is slowly receding, airport officials fear that it may not be safe for use'.
However, the main international airport in the West, Nadi, remains open.

Meanwhile, a 13 year-old boy was swept away by strong currents in Lautoka on Saturday has been found entangled in debris, according to Fijilive.
And villagers in Malabi Village, Tailevu, are searching for two teenage girls who were caught in the path of a landslide.
'Police say the pair with another female companion along the road on Saturday when there was a landside from a hill nearby' and the 'third girl who was thrown into the river survived while the others could not be found'.
Also, 'there is still no sign of the 19-year-old boy who was washed away by floodwaters in Monasavu on Friday night'.

However, the latest report from Fijilive states that the waters are receding and the northwestern towns of Viti Levu 'should be accessible by road later this morning'. But motorists 'are asked to exercise caution as the flood over the past few days has left behind debris and in certain instances damaged roads, leaving large potholes'.