A 12 year old boy has lost his life early this morning in Tulagi after the house he was sleeping in burnt to the ground.Reports from Tulagi say the fire may have been caused by a candle lit and forgotten by the deceased's brother.
Salote Rukale of Tulagi Hospital told the National Broadcaster that the child was taken to the hospital at around one o'clock early this morning.
Mrs. Rukale said the child was fully conscious when he was taken into the hospital but later passed away.
It is understood the young boy was a student at McMahon Primary School; teachers describe him as a young bright kid who had great potential. The school suspended classes today to enable students to pay their last respects.
Tulagi police have confirmed that their CID officers are now on the ground to establish the cause of the fire.